10" 2-Way 2400 Watt Loudspeaker With Wireless Connectivity
- 2400 Watts peak Class D power (1200 Watts continuous)
- Unrivaled acoustic accuracy via advanced engineering and design
- Works with free Live Drive app for wireless sound-shaping control
- Wirelessly level-match, EQ, delay-compensation, and more
- 10" LF transducer, 1.75â€ HF driver with 1" acoustic aperture, 90Â° x 60Â° coverage field
- DSP-controlled active crossover and dynamic thermal protection
- HF waveguide, computer-designed for optimized audience coverage
- Purpose-matched components for maximum efficiency
- Built-in mixer, (2) Mic/Line inputs, volume control, XLR output
- EQ contour switch, Ground Lift switch, plus switch to turn off logo LED
- Lightweight, portable design with custom-molded handle
- Post as traditional PA loudspeaker or as floor wedge monitor
- Steel-reinforced rubber feet on bottom and side
- Rugged cabinet, scratch-resistant finish, powder-coated steel grille
- Stand- and pole-mountable via standard 35mm socket
- Flyable via (12) M10 rigging points
- Designed and tuned in the U.S.A.
BUILT TO THRILL
Alto Professional's Black Series is a full line of elite speaker systems, each designed to exacting standards with premium, purpose-matched components, wireless capability, and immense built-in power.
Black 10 features a 10” low-frequency driver, 1.75” high-frequency unit with 1" acoustic aperture, and 2400 watts of peak Class D power. Designed and tuned in the USA with carefully selected, complementary components, Black 10 comes optimized with a 90° x 60° coverage field, a computer-designed high-frequency waveguide, a DSP-controlled active crossover, and dynamic thermal protection.
Even if you can’t reach the speakers, you can still adjust them. Black 10 comes equipped with wireless technology via the free Live Drive app. Level-match, adjust EQ, delay-compensation, and more—from anywhere in the room. It’s streamlined, sound-shaping control at your fingertips, so you can easily adapt the speakers to new venues or performances.
READY FOR ANYTHING
Perfect for touring rigs, mobile DJs, and other on-the-road applications, Black 10 comes ready for pretty much anything you can throw at it—even the rubber feet are reinforced with steel. Though surprisingly lightweight, Black 10’s heavy-duty cabinet is covered in a rugged scratch-resistant finish, and speaker grille is powder-coated, ready for anything.
iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BLACK LINE
Dimensions (WxLxH): 12.99in x 13.54in x 21.85in
Weight: 42.4 lb
Frequently Asked Questions [+]
- Where can I obtain the Live Drive app?
The Live Drive iOS app is available from the Apple App Store: Alto Professional Live Drive iOS App
- Where should I set the speaker volume controls?
Most users should set the input volume control knobs to MAX or 0 dB after connecting their audio source.
The volume control on the Black series 2-way models is an attenuation control. At the standard setting MAX or 0 dB, no attenuation occurs. An average signal level of 0 to +10 dBu from your mixer or signal processor will drive the Black series loudspeakers to maximum SPL output. However, with the volume control at MAX or 0 dB, if the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) from the Black series is too high, then you can reduce the SPL level by turning the attenuator(s) counter-clockwise as needed.
To determine where you should set your volume level, consider the following:
- When connecting the Black series to the output of a mixer, signal processor, or other device with XLR or 1/4" line-level outputs, the volume control on the Black series rear panel should normally be set to the 0 dB (or MAX) setting.
- If you are connecting the Black series to a device with 1/8" or RCA outputs, such as a mobile phone, consumer stereo A/V equipment, or other devices that have a signal level of -10 dBV:
- Set the volume control knob between -20dB and -10dB at roughly 9 o'clock (â–¶ symbol on some units).
- Set the LINE/MIC switch to the MIC position. Note, the LINE/MIC switch applies only to INPUT 1.
The graphic below shows the volume control attenuation scale for XLR and 1/4" TRS sources with the MIC/LEVEL switch set to LINE. Setting this switch to MIC will add 40 dB of gain to the values shown below.
- Will Setting the volume control to MAX or 0 dB cause any damage to my equipment?
No. When set as described above, MAX corresponds to 0 dB. For line-level sound sources 0 dB is the intended normal position for the volume control. The gain structure of Black series has been optimized to provide the best signal-to-noise ratio and dynamic range when connected to a signal source with XLR or 1/4" TRS outputs with the volume control set to this position. Example line-level signal sources include audio mixers, DJ mixers, or rack mounted signal processors such as compressors and EQ's.
- Is the input still 0 dBu when I switch the MIC/LEVEL button to MIC?
With the volume control knob set to MAX (or 0 dB), when you set the MIC/LINE selector to MIC, the input level becomes +40 dB. Setting this switch to MIC will add 40 dB to the current value. This is useful when connecting a dynamic microphone directly to INPUT 1, for example.
- How does the Live Drive iOS app connect to Black series loudspeakers?
The Live Drive iOS app connects to Black series loudspeakers using Bluetooth. The Live Drive app can be run from your Bluetooth-capable iOS device so that you can wirelessly level-match, EQ, time-align, and more. This connection sends control data to the speaker's internal Digital Signal Processor (DSP).
- Can I stream music via Bluetooth to my Black series loudspeakers?
The Bluetooth connection is exclusively intended for control and visual signal monitoring from within the Live Drive iOS App. Audio cannot be streamed via Bluetooth to the Black series loudspeakers.
- What is the range of the Bluetooth signal?
The typical range is up to 80 feet (25 meters) indoors with a clear line of sight. However, the range may vary depending upon your source device and the environment.
- What type of EQ is available on the Black series speakers? How does it work?
Press the DSP button on the rear of the Alto Black series speaker to set the loudspeaker's internal DSP to any of the following settings:
- Flat: No change to the audio.
- Contour: Boosted bass and treble with a gradual cut of mid-range frequenciesâ€”a useful setting for most contemporary music.
- 80Hz HP: Applies a high-pass filter. This is useful when using the Black 15 as a crossover with a subwoofer that does not have a high-pass output. This setting is also useful for cutting all bass frequencies (e.g., for in speech-only applications, or when used as a delay or fill loudspeaker where the extra bass frequencies are not needed).
- Ext LF: Extends the loudspeaker's low-frequency response, providing increased output of bass frequencies.
- Custom: Applies your custom DSP mode, set in the Live Drive app.
Additional control of the DSP is also available using the Live Drive app.